Hunting in Diapers

lundi 28 septembre 2015

Disclaimer: No animals were harmed during this experiment. I hunt to provide meat for my family, abiding by local by-laws and practicing humane harvest techniques.

For a while now I had been wondering what it would be like to wear a diaper while hunting. Being alone in the woods provides an opportunity to wear diapers outdoors while doing other activities. Recently, I experimented with wearing diapers while deer hunting.

For this experiment, I wore a Tena Super brief with a Huggies little movers stuffer. The stuffer was slit down the back to allow for moisture exchange between it and the Tena. I went with a cloth-backed diaper because I did not want my diaper to rustle in case I ran into wild game or other people. Also, though the Tena's are widely available and relatively inexpensive, they are very comfortable and absorbent. The refastenable tabs were also a big part of why I chose that diaper.

I changed into the Tena when I got to my hunting area. Originally, I had taken two Tenas with me, but a tab ripped off the first, leaving me only one diaper for the day. With the Huggies stuffer inserted and all other hunting-related equipment ready to go, I started my trek into the woods.

This hunting trip was largely exploratory since I had not been to most of the places I visited that day. As such, I spent half the day walking, putting on 11.5 km (7 mi). The Tena was comfortable while walking, and did not loosen. However, I was wearing my normal underwear (briefs) over the Tena, so that may have kept it in place better than if I had worn the diaper alone.

I spent the first four hours slowly walking toward then end of my proposed route, with small breaks and hikes into the woods. I saw two deer during this time, though neither presented a clean shot before slipping back into the woods. Being alone that day, I did not track the deer far into the woods since I would somehow need to get them out if I did get one. I did not hear my Tena rustle, and I did get within 30 yards of one deer, though at that point the brush was so thick I could only see its legs. I was dry during this time period, so urine smell was not a variable in my success/failure.

After working hard to get uphill to the end of my hike, I wet for the first time. It was a hot day, and I realized I was dehydrated. I spent the next hour resting and rehydrating from the large water container I had brought. This also helped me fill the diaper and stuffer. Wearing a diaper does make sitting on the ground or fallen logs/stumps much more comfortable, and even more comfortable as the diaper became wet. However, walking became more uncomfortable, and the insides of my thighs felt a little sore the day after. On the whole, I walked 5km dry and 6.5 km in varying stages of wetness.

After resting, I slowly started working my way back downhill and back toward my truck, making stops in areas I thought I was likely to see deer. Here is where serendipity kicked in. I had had spicy food the day before, and it was not agreeing with me. While resting in one spot and wetting, I had a small amount of "wet gas." If I had not been wearing a diaper, it would have left a brown streak in the back of my jeans for sure. Even more lucky, the small mess hit my Huggies stuffer completely, so I did not have to end my diaper day. I removed the stuffer, wiped myself with the clean part of it, and bagged it in one of the bags I had brought for diaper changes. With the wet stuffer removed, walking was also much easier. The stuffer had also taken the brunt of the moisture I had deposited, so it left me with a slightly damp Tena to wear for the rest of the day.

Aside from the two deer I saw in the morning, I did not see any other large game. However, that is typical in my experience for that area as my friends and I have the most success before noon and around dusk. I did, however, run into several people, and none knew I was wearing protection. The Tena was so comfortable that unless it was time to pee, I hardly thought about it, especially after the stuffer was removed and walking became more normal. By the time I returned to the truck, the Tena was probably 3/4 utilized, and moisture would pool for a bit before being absorbed. However, it had not leaked. Having parked with my passenger door toward a hillside and no one parked behind the truck, I opened the door, whipped down my pants, removed and bagged the Tena, and pulled up my underwear. Later, I disposed of the soiled stuffer/diaper in a bin in a nearby picnic area along with the garbage from my supper.

As an overall experience, I'd give it 4/5 stars. It would have been better if I had not wrecked the first diaper, preventing a diaper change. With the stuffer, however, I was able to go ten hours without leaking (07:30 - 17:30). If you were to walk less and wait for game to come to you (like in a blind), the experience would likely be amazing. However, whether the smell of urine impeded my success remains unclear. Now that I have explored that area, the next time I go out I will sit back and watch the deer come to me, while enjoying a nice wet diaper.
Hunting in Diapers

0 commentaires:

Enregistrer un commentaire