Apology- and Explanation

samedi 5 décembre 2015

I've really been rushing through my posts recently and I'm afraid I may have come across as abrupt, or not bothering to respond to some people, or appearing to leave questions unanswered. More than anything, I'm afraid I may have offended some people whose opinions and posts I deeply respect and admire. If that is the case, then I am truly sorry, it was never my intent.

I'm posting this in the Mature Topics forum, because that's where most of these issues have occurred, and I wanted to offer an explanation for what it's worth.

I've been finding lately that there just haven't been enough hours in my day. Today is Saturday, and it's a little laid back this morning, and not too much work brought home on the weekend. Normally, I'm up at 5a.m. for a six mile run and off to the office for a very long day which most often requires additional hours on top of the regular hours for which I don't get paid. There's also a lot of unaccounted time just preparing my cases for Landlord-Tenant court to prevent my tenants from being evicted. Lately the hours have been overwhelming.

I usually might have about twenty minutes in a day to spend on Adisc. I wish I had more than that, especially when the topics really hit home to me. There's so much I want to say, so much information I want to look up, but the time just hasn't been there to respond properly or effectively, or at least that's how it feels.

It's probably been more difficult recently because I have been in the minority opinion (sometimes the lone wolf) in several threads recently, and it has been impossible to respond individually to every person who challenges my positions. With my limited time, I have often only been able to scan through responses and questions, and post quickly with a general response that I hope will encapsulate a number of the issues that were thrown at me. I feel like I'm ignoring some people so that I can tackle the posts that are of most concern to me, and really it isn't fair. A couple times, someone says 'did you even read that link I posted' and I probably haven't had the time, so I just went with the gist of the post instead. I feel guilty for posting something and getting a lot of responses, but not always taking time to read what others have thoughtfully researched and posted. I'm really sorry. Sometimes I just can't keep up with posts. When you have a dozen people that are comin' after you on your position and you can barely squeeze in half an hour at most to respond, it just piles up. I'm afraid the perception is that I'm ignoring some people or not bothering to respond.

What I'm most afraid of is that sometimes my approach may have been too abrupt, quickly writing out responses without having taken enough time to look them over before posting. I feel that some of my more recent ones may have offended or insulted people, and if that is the case, again I am truly sorry. I was moving too fast without thinking.

So that's how it's been going. I just wanted to put it out there. If anyone has any comments or suggestions for improvement, I could probably use them.
Apology- and Explanation

0 commentaires:

Enregistrer un commentaire