Am I still going to get screwed? (Again, not in a good way)

mardi 8 décembre 2015

Well, this post is a continuation of my other post about renting my old house to what's become deadbeats. I'm only starting this new post, as that one already had enough action.
Well, the story was/is my one of my tenants decided to withhold his last 2 months rent to help him get the next place to live. His gf, the other tenant, didn't fight him on it, apparently, but didn't seem to approve.
The lease was up September 1st. We continued month to month. Mid October, we (my wife and I) told them we wanted to be done renting and wanted possession of the house by December 1st. We even sent them a certified letter stating termination of tenancy on December 1st, sent in late October. (note... The 2nd week of November, renter-he to me he was withholding those 2 months of rent)
Last Tuesday, I checked on them. Renter-he said was having a hard time getting apartments to take him (no problem for her) given his domestic abuse charge background. I was livid. He couldn't seem to make a way for us to talk in person. I was going to give him a 3 day notice and kick him out. However, with a 3 day notice, he could pay, and then stay for awhile longer. I wanted my house back.
So, Saturday, we were able to meet face to face. And after thinking about it for quite awhile, I decided on something. I have to much of a conscience for that. I gave them until the 31st. If the house looks decent and they are out by then, they can even keep the money. I won't want to see them again. On January 1st, if they're still there, I can serve them a 7 day notice for breach of contract (end of tenancy). Then no reasonable amount of money will allow them to stay. It's sad that if I have to do that, it will cost me close to 350. But if that happens, I will sue them for non-payment of rent, pet cleanup, any damage, AND the 350 for eviction.

I don't think I will ever consider renting to someone, again.
Am I still going to get screwed? (Again, not in a good way)

0 commentaires:

Enregistrer un commentaire