A visit to Rearz

samedi 8 août 2015

Today I was finally able to visit Rearz at their new location, having been to the previous location last year, just before they moved. What an improvement! The previous location was tucked in behind an auto shop and it gave the impression of being a bit sketchy. The new location is anything but, which is fully as they share the building with an auto shop.

Upon first entering, I was greeted by a nice woman who's first words to me, after Hello, were to ask if I was AB or DL. I am so used to doing the dance around the assumption that the diapers I am seeking are for incontinence and for someone else, I was actually a bit taken aback and said mostly AB with some DL. Great answer, except it is the opposite. Not having much of a sweet tooth, I never really identified with the saying, 'like a kid in a candy store' but I sure do now! The space is now huge but the public area is broken up into three rooms -- diapers, AB stuff, legit baby and fem hygiene stuff.

Laurie, the owner, was not there but the employee who was working was very knowledgeable and very friendly. Most importantly, she was very patient and allow me to try on some articles of clothing before I made my purchases. She was also kind enough to throw in a few diaper samples from their stock.

The highlight for me was when a couple entered the store to stock up on some diapers and pacis. It was the first time I had ever met anyone else who shared by predilection. It was the human connection I enjoyed the most.

If you are in the area, I highly recommend a visit. If you find yourself in Toronto, the store is about a 90 minute drive from Toronto. I doubt you will be disappointed.
A visit to Rearz

0 commentaires:

Enregistrer un commentaire