Cloth Diapers are Awesome!

mercredi 9 décembre 2015

Like the title says cloth diapers are awesome. I have been wearing them exclusively for about 6-9 months. It was the best decision I have made related to diapers. I heard that they were a ton of work and that there would be problems with them.

I started out with a diaper I bought from Snap-EZ. I was not that fond of the fit of that diaper and the quality was extremely lacking. As a seamstress I was able to see the big flaws in the manufacturing of that diaper. I decided that I wanted to try my hand at sewing my own diapers and so I bought a pattern. That pattern had some issues as well so I decided to design my own pattern. I finally struck gold!

I use a pocket style diaper so you have just a shell that you put inserts into to get the absorbency. I started out with a hemp fabric covered by flannel. I used about 3-5 inserts in each diaper depending on how long I needed it to last. Now I am using a fabric called Zorb 2 and I have to say I am really liking it. There are a few kinks to work out but I think I am on the way to having a great insert design.

The main reason that I decided to go with cloth diapers was because of my skins reaction to disposable diapers. I had constant rashes and was miserable.
The rashes have disappeared and I could not be happier.

The second reason is that cost. I was spending about 200 a month on diapers and I just could not afford that. With cloth diapers there is a big initial investment but it does pay off. For example I would spend 1200-1500 on disposable diapers each year. With cloth I can spend 1100 and have all the diapers I would need for several years.

It may seem like it is a lot of work to cloth diaper but I would rather do some more laundry than have to deal with constantly taking out garbage bags of diapers.

All in all it was the best decision I have ever made and I will never go back. That is not to say I will never use disposables they have their place, but I love my cloth diapers.

What are you thoughts on cloth diapers?
Cloth Diapers are Awesome!

0 commentaires:

Enregistrer un commentaire