Will these become Valuable?

jeudi 13 août 2015

I was wondering, for the last nearly a year now I buy all my movies and such on VHS, and going to various charity-style shops I've found several sealed recordable VHS tapes, as well as some other tapes.

And I was wondering, do you guys think these will become valuable in the future? Because for the last few years most people have been pretty much desperate to get rid of all their old tapes, and I've bought a few here and there. Currently I have about 400 VHS tapes (most are old tapes my parents recorded and let me use). Here are some pictures of some tapes I think might possibly have slightly more value in them:
Click image for larger version.  Name: lotsoftapes.jpg  Views: 1  Size: 47.1 KB  ID: 24602 Click image for larger version.  Name: xfilestape1.jpg  Views: 1  Size: 63.1 KB  ID: 24603 Click image for larger version.  Name: closeupxfilestape.jpg  Views: 1  Size: 35.8 KB  ID: 24604 Click image for larger version.  Name: scotchtape.jpg  Views: 1  Size: 63.3 KB  ID: 24605

The first photo is a picture of my collection of sealed recordable VHS tapes. The second and third photos are of one of my X-Files tapes that is still sealed (with its original proof of purchase card thingy :) ) A couple of my X-Files ones are sealed as well.

The last photo is interesting because, well, the reason I posted it is because I remember seeing a documentary on tape trading in the 1980's, and when it had a clip talking about the early 80's, it had a shot of a video store with some cassettes that looked exactly like this one. And it just looks more worn that any other recordable tape I own. I was wondering if it might be worth more because of it's possible age of maybe 30+ years (the tape still works perfectly also).

What do you guys think? Am I buying up tapes for nothing? (I probably won't stop even if I am :) I love getting them and they go for around 20-50c nowdays)
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version.  Name: scotchtape.jpg  Views: N/A  Size: 63.3 KB  ID: 24605   Click image for larger version.  Name: closeupxfilestape.jpg  Views: N/A  Size: 35.8 KB  ID: 24604   Click image for larger version.  Name: xfilestape1.jpg  Views: N/A  Size: 63.1 KB  ID: 24603   Click image for larger version.  Name: lotsoftapes.jpg  Views: N/A  Size: 47.1 KB  ID: 24602  
Will these become Valuable?

0 commentaires:

Enregistrer un commentaire